time to catch you up on the last 3 weeks in bullet point style...
- the weekend before my birthday, i went to rainbow river to float down the river on a raft and just relax. yes, i said relax...something i'm learning to do still and it is not easy but i had fun. the river is always 72 degrees so it felt pretty cold to me.
- realized i should invest in bubble wrap. you remember my run in with the owl watcher a few posts ago? well, i had another little accident at rainbow river the next week. as i was getting off the raft at the exit ramp, i slipped on the algae infested bottom and landed hard on my left glute...the glute that has given me fits for years. it hurt like a mother driving home in the car for 2 hours too. all in all, it worked out and just seemed to be more of a deep bruise than anything else so it didn't hinder my training at all. another bullet dodged.
- i have to learn to say NO to over the counter drugs. since 2006, i have had 2 really bad allergic reactions to aleve and tylenol gel caps and as of this week, i can add another to the list. it is unreal how just a few doses can turn into a week long nightmare of itchy welts/hives and swollen lips.
- the weekend after my birthday, the j-man and i went down to sebring, fl to do the bok tower century. this 100 mile ride has some rollers but mostly flat and a very fast ride. we immediately got with the lead group and worked together very nicely to finish my fastest ever 100 mile ride in 4 hours and 36 minutes!!
- this weekend (sunday) we are doing the assault on sugarloaf. this is a 112 mile course and a lot of the course we'll be riding is used for the 140.6 i'm getting ready to do-the Great Floridian. this will be a good training opportunity and i'm looking forward to it. i did this ride before and it is very, very hilly! there will be no PR here.
- i'm very excited about my latest purchase. i bought the H2O audio thing for my tiny ipod so i can swim with music now. i need music! i can run and bike without it but man, this swimming is BORING me to tears. according to fedex, it should be at my doorstep today and i can hardly wait to test it out.
have a great weekend everyone...much love and peace out!