well, i said i was going to do this 100 random things about me dealio awhile back but never got past 25 but today is a new day and i found my blogging mojo. enjoy!
1. After almost 40 marathons, I’ve never lost a toenail.
2. The smell of pancakes and syrup makes me sick.
3. I used to work at village inn as a hostess when I was in high school (see #2)
4. I used to cry if my Mom made me wear a dress to church.
5. I really despise sneaky wheel sucking cyclists. I may or may not try to pick a fight.
6. I should have weighed 300 pounds as a teenager with the eating habits I had.
7. I used to eat an entire strawberry cheesecake from village inn for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in one day (see #3 & 6).
8. I got serious about my health and fitness at the age of 19 and have never looked back.
9. I was a vegetarian for about 3 years in the early 1990’s.
10. I have never been to Steak-n-Shake, Checkers, Olive Garden or Sonic.
11. I used to think marathons were fun, now I find them boring.
12. Eating out is a waste of money and time in my opinion.
13. I miss my parent’s every single day and don’t think I will ever meet 2 people more special than they were.
14. I’ve never met my biological parent’s.
15. One day, I hope to meet my biological parent’s.
16. Short hair rules and I will never grow mine out again.
17. I’m scared to see what my hair color would be if I didn’t color it.
18. I eat way too much cheese. I may need an intervention.
19. Learning to swim was a very humbling experience.
20. If I could safely ride my bike to and from work (50 mile round trip), I would.
21. I could live without a TV in the house.
22. I cannot live without the internet.
23. I don’t have any pets.
24. I am deathly afraid of lightning.
25. I prefer running alone in the dark.
26. I have to agree that working out is cheaper, better for you and more fun than therapy.
27. I could eat sashimi everyday but can't remember the last time i had any.
28. I hate that my body doesn't like to build bigger muscle. And Lord knows i try.
29. Peas and Lima beans gross me out.
30. I have no room in my life for gossipy, stir the shit up kind of people.
31. I wish I lived closer to the ocean so I could do more open water swims.
32. I am more scared of crashing on my bike because of an animal than being hit by a car.
33. I have way too many running shoes.
34. I went thru 5 swim suits this year alone. They sure don't last long.
35. I didn't pay more than $12 for each swim suit (see #34).
36. I still don't "get" Twitter.
37. I really don't "get" Google+.
38. Slowtwitch forums are full of haters.
39. Beginner Triathlete forum is so much classier. Especially the IM Florida peeps.
40. I have never followed a schedule for my ironman training.
41. I have never followed a schedule for all of the marathons I've done either.
42. I hate schedules. It takes all the fun out of training for me.
43. If I weren't so into triathlons, I would probably be a bodybuilder.
44. I'm addicted to my smart phone, so says the J-man.
45. I don't stop to smell the roses as often as I should.
46. I have been eating Flintstones vitamins with iron for about 10 years.
47. I have a hyperthyroid but haven't taken my medication in over a year.
48. I really don't think I have a hyperthyroid.
49. I hate my doctor's office and think they aren't very in tune with me (see #47 & 48).
50. As a teenager, I ate almost all of my meals from fast food joints, McD's mostly.
51. I broke into a vacant house on my street when I was in high school. Just cuz.
52. I worked out with Andrew Dice Clay one late Friday night at Bally's.
53. I am absolutely against listening to music with earphones on when biking outside.
54. I can cook, I just chose not to.
55. Thank God for microwaves.
56. I'm pretty cranky when I don't get to workout in the morning before work.
57. I really do think the honey badger is the baddest ass animal out there.
58. I loved Christmas growing up but not so much anymore. Just another day.
59. I thoroughly clean my bikes after every ride.
60. I will never eat popcorn. Farmers feed their cows and pigs corn to fatten them up.
61. The first thing I want to do after an Ironman race is brush my teeth.
62. I refuse to pay someone to wash and detail my car.
63. I can detail a car like no one else (see #62).
64. The J-man is my bike mechanic and he is the bomb.
65. I have no interest in learning how to do mechanical stuff to my bike.
66. Since Ironman Florida, I have had about 50 people add me to their google+ circle.
67. I don't know any of these people (see #66).
68. Meeting bloggers in real life is pretty darn cool.
69. Mellow Mushroom pizza has to be about the best pizza that I've ever had.
70. Thank God Mellow Mushroom is about 30 miles away or I'd be racing as an Athena.
71. Coffee is in fact the nectar of the Gods.
72. I used to hate Starbucks coffee. Now I can't live without it.
73. My first hamster's name was Timothy. He froze to death.
74. I think Vanilla really is the finest of the flavors.
75. I drink Slimfast shakes but not for weight loss. I just love them. Vanilla of course.
76. Tapering for a race isn't as bad I like to make it out to be.
77. I wish my body didn't rebel so damn much when I try to run over 45 miles/week.
78. Men with overly hairy bodies should not be allowed to swim in the pool.
79. I never knew snorkels were allowed in triathlons until last year.
80. All of my "vacations" in the last 15 years, have involved some kind of race event.
81. I am not a procrastinator even though I've been putting this list off for months, lol.
82. I prefer running alone with music blaring.
83. I graze all day long.
84. I don't participate in food days at work. I have watched too many Hoarder episodes.
85. I refuse to shop at Walmart during normal hours. 5-6am is usually best and safest.
86. I vowed to never buy an American car. I think I may have to go back on my vow.
87. I love the new Ford Focus SEL Titanium 5 door, fully loaded in red. I'm getting one!
88. J-man doesn't like that I want to put more race stickers on my SUV back window.
89. I still haven't gotten that 140.6 tattoo I was thinking about last year.
90. I really like the M dot tats but not on me.
91. I'm still devastated that I can no longer eat peanut butter b/c of allergies. I miss it.
92. I hate excuses. They are just reasons to fail.
93. If I could, I'd wear a running cap to work everyday.
94. I don't get along real well with people who tend to always be running late.
95. I still haven't visited my parent's grave since the funerals, almost 5 years ago.
96. I think funerals are a big waste of money. What a ridiculous ceremony.
97. I want to be
burned at the stake cremated.
98. P90X rocks. If you don't already have it, go buy it and DO IT!
99. Don't be fooled by my quietness.
100. I got married in Vegas almost 15 years ago. I'd do it all over again too! With J-man of course.
Much love and peace out!