Friday, October 22, 2010

last post before 140.6

this one will be a quick, somewhat silly post. i made myself laugh out loud with this on Wednesday night so i had to take a picture of it. first a little background to make sense of this post for those of you who don't know me that well. as fate would have it, many of my good friends are virgo's, like myself. birds of a feather flock together i suppose. anyway, they will understand how my brain was working when they see the pictures.

but first, an accurate description of a virgo:

You are hard-working and carry out your duties efficiently and conscientiously.
'I ANALYSE' is the motto for Virgo. You have an eye for detail and a discriminating mind. You like order in all things and are neat, clean and precise in your habits.
You are modest and don't like to draw attention to yourself. Where others seek the limelight, you get quietly on with the job, doing it as well as you can. You get a lot of satisfaction from making yourself useful and enjoy being of service to others.
Outwardly you are cool, although inside you may be seething with nerves. You have a sensitive digestion and you're careful about what you eat and drink.
You can also be overcritical and have a tendency to worry too much.
You are the perfectionists of the zodiac.

so here is one picture:
i had to make my own special needs bags here at home complete with labels. it was bugging me to have everything in piles and unorganized. i just couldn't take it anymore. so now the only thing i have to do is tranfer them over to the official special need bags later. easy peasy!
and my transition bag with a label on it. i had to do that because if not, i'll go thru it a million times to make sure everything i need is in there. so i listed all of the contents on the label you see on top.

alright, this crazy virgo is over and out. gotta take the bike out for a quick spin to make sure everything is sound. i changed the back tube this morning...I CAN FIX A FLAT all by myself. it wasn't flat but j-man thought it was losing air a little more than normal lately, so better to be safe than sorry.

i want to thank all of you one last time, who have emailed me, left comments for me on facebook and on my blog. you all are the best and all of your encouragment and kind words mean so much to me. more than you could ever imagine.

not sure if i will have any internet access or even have time for it, so until later, much love and peace out!

30 comments:

  1. You virgos ..lol. Surprised you didn't type and print the labels!

    BUT pretty smart idea to eliminate the stress of gear details.

    We'll be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you the best of luck on a fun and memorable race.

    Now go rock that sucker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I have enjoyed following your journey and can't wait to hear how it all goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if it were me, I would have typed out those lables (i'm OCD, not a virgo)

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. putting a label on the transition bag is a fantastic idea, actually...

    best of luck..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!!! Remember this is the ultimate reward for all your hard work, enjoy it and have a blast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! You are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better a bag pre-labelled before the race than a helmet (or shoes or...) at home! Enjoy the race!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed by your organization. Anything to calm the nerves and avoid forgetting something is an excellent idea. Good luck! It's going to be an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, I am getting so excited for you! I gave you a shout-on on my blog today. GO KC, GOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! I am rooting for you and and can't wait to hear all about your race!

    FYI, I am not a Virgo but I am just as "obsessive" as you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have that same organization craziness! I can totally seeing myself doing the same thing!

    Good luck this weekend! I'm so excited for you! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a really good idea for packing your transition bags ahead of time and then just transferring the contents. I'm not even a Virgo, and I might do that next time! :)

    GOOD LUCK! Hope you have a great race.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go big!! good luck.

    Labels = nothing forgoten, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. good luck!!!

    i'm a virgo, but not sure i'd go to this extreme ;) i do check and recheck packed bags though... and locked doors...

    ReplyDelete
  15. GOOD LUCK!!!! You are so ready!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck this weekend. Very excited for you and can't wait to hear about it all.

    Go KC Go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow... that explains so much. My wife is a virgo and she labels EVERYTHING. There are days when she starts cleaning and goes on a labeling spree. I make sure to keep moving for fear of getting labeled "husband". haha

    You are going to do awesome! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Go Kristine!!!! I will be sending you all kinds of cow-bell and positive kick butt vibes:) You are going to do so well....trust me!

    Funny about the virgo thing...my hubby is a virgo and everything is true but the being neat! He is a slob but likes to lable stuff and he makes lists:)

    Good luck to you KC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luckkkkk!!! You are going to do awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Virgo here, too. Doesn't EVERYONE do this? :). I keep individual file folders for each race with directions, course profiles, etc. Wishing you the physical and mental strength to fulfill your dream. Best wishes and race your race! Texas will be cheering for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It ALL makes sense now. A fellow virgo! Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Go get 'em KC! You are all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Best wishes~it's Sat now and I am hoping all is going great for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WHAOOOO!!! Congrats!!! 5th OA female!!!! 12:31:42!!!! You are my hero

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW!!! 5th OA!!! AWESOMNESS!!!!! CONGRATS!!! Cant wait to hear about it when you arent sore and have time to write!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Leaderboard on their main page for 5th!

    Great work KC!!!!
    you did fantastic in your training ill be interested to hear about the race.

    Way to go!

    Derek

    ReplyDelete