as i noted in my last post, i am on the "blog once every 2 to 3 weeks plan." i swear not a day goes by that i don't think and say to myself, "KC, you really need to blog and stay on top of it. You love to blog and read other blogs too." honestly, since i got injured about 8 weeks ago, i lost some of my mojo and just felt like i had nothing really good or of any particular interest to blog about. a few friends even called me out in an emial or two asking when was i planning on blogging again.
since i have so many random thoughts in my head, i will bullet the rest of this post and catch you up on what has been going on.
- first things first. remember i thought the injury i had was my piriformis? come to find out, it was not that at all. it felt like it because the entire glute area hurt like hell but it was actually right where the butt and hamstring meet up (the ischial tuberosity). i actually found a 10 page forum thread about it on runners world and i feel very lucky to be on the road to recovery. many of the people who wrote about their issue, have not healed very well or have had pain for years with no relief. it scared me when i read it a couple of weeks ago.
- 4 ART sessions and i feel like a new person. i've been able to run for the last 3 weeks without too much pain and for the first time yesterday, i was able to match my "normal" everyday pace for 5 miles. i was starting to get discouraged ...not that a 9 minute mile is a bad thing but it really bothered me because i know that my body is capable of running 7:30-8/min miles for hours on end.
- part of the free time i normally would use to blog has been spent foam rolling, stretching, trying to fit in the ART sessions, doing strengthening exercises, etc...
- i had to bag another race this past weekend because i'm just not willing to risk pushing myself over the edge. i've taken a couple of steps forward with this crazy injury and will not take 2 or 3 steps back to do a race that ultimately means nothing to me.
- funny story ...while i was on the floor foam rolling my butt at work, one of my coworkers walked by and thought i had fallen. now they are all used to me sitting on the floor rolling on the roller, tennis ball, golf ball or just sitting on the huge physioball instead of my real chair.
- i did a back to back century in georgia over the memorial day weekend. it was so awesome. the first ride was actually 104 miles and it took us 5 hours and the second days ride had a lot more climbing and our legs were somewhat fried from the day before. we finished that in 5:40. that day turned out to be about 102 miles.
- georgia has a lot of irresponsible dog owners. i've never been chased by so many dogs. the scariest was day 2 with a doberman and a german shepard.
- i thought the world had ended recently when i lost 4 years worth of training data on buckeye outdoors training log but now i'm so glad that happened because i have met so many awesome people on dailymile. goes to show that things always happen for a reason.
- i have officially started my training this week for IMFL. that sounds funny b/c i feel like i've been training for it since january.
- i mapped out my IM training plan for the next 20 weeks. if it goes as planned, then i will be a happy camper come november.
- i have an ISM saddle on my tri bike and have ridden it 5 times so far. it is different and i'm still getting used to it. the jury is still out. a week is not enough time to make a decision on it. i will say that i am able to stay in an aero position much longer than with the other saddle so that is a positive. my bones just feel bruised and that is the part that i'm trying to get used to. i have felt it less and less with each ride thank goodness.
- i'm addicted to angry birds!
- i'm very, very, very behind on all things related to blogging. i have no idea where to begin reading. i'm 3 weeks behind and sporadically catch a blog or 2 during the day when on break at work but other than that, i'm pathetic, blah!
- my playlist recently changed. now the music won't start up automatically and scare you. i didn't change it, the powers that be at playlist did. so you have to hit the play button if you want to listen. i hate that!
- i'm wear testing these bad boys (Vivo Barefoot technology):
much love and peace out!