Tuesday, November 30, 2010

chillin’

100_0684
don’t hate!
yep, that’s me chillin’ out. don’t ask me where i got those very cool slippers cuz i ain’t tellin’. since my last, less than chipper post, i’ve been trying to just appreciate the time off that i have but it isn’t easy. i’m not used to taking it easy, taking time off, or resting and honestly, relaxing doesn’t make me happy, training does. i make no apologies for that, it’s how i’m wired and i accept that…the good, the bad, and the ugly black clouds that go along with it. i was talking to a good friend of mine recently about having signed up for the 2011 ironman florida (oh yeah, i forgot to tell you all about that-so now you know!) and what my ultimate goal is for that race (more on the little gem later, much later) and her response to me was, “so basically, you’ll possibly be training for the next 2 years? my response, “oh yeah, i didn’t even think about that.” looks like 2 more solid years of blogging material folks!
i want to personally send big hugs out to all of you who left such kind, positive comments on my last post, to all who sent me emails, and those that called me. i know a lot of you have been there, done that and it’s always good to know, we are not alone. i knew that there would be some feelings of blah after the race but didn’t ever think it would be as long and profound as it was…a solid 4 weeks of blah. it also took a solid 4 weeks for me to feel completely recovered physically. i really thought i had it all figured out, how to avoid the ironman blues, so as soon as the race was over, i decided i would do a marathon. it made sense to me, i was already trained, the race was in 5 weeks, perfect! but, that was not to be. a week or 2 after the race, all the little aches and pains started to creep up and the doubts started to set in. i had to wave the white flag and say no to the marathon. was i a little disappointed? hell yeah but i know how important it is to stay healthy, uninjured, and i realize there will be plenty of other marathons to do in the future…and a lot more ironman races.
okay, time for some randomness…
  • i hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving with family and friends. mine was interesting in that, for the first time ever, thanksgiving was at my house. for those who know me, who just read that, that was not a mistake and you may now pick your mouths up off of the floor. for those of you who don’t know me, I DO NOT COOK…ANYTHING. it isn’t that i can’t cook, i just chose to spend my time doing things that i enjoy more. life without a microwave would be a living hell for me. anyway, special thanks to PUBLIX supermarket for coming through big time with their awesome thanksgiving feast in a box. i would highly recommend this to anyone who is low on time and motivation to cook for a holiday feast. for $45.00, i got a pretty big turkey, fully cooked, mashed potatoes, stuffing that was to die for, potato bread rolls, apple/raspberry cobbler and pumpkin pie. the only thing i had to do was heat it all up in the oven. this is the tricky part. i had to make a little flow chart for each item’s heating time since there would be 3 items in the oven at the same time. all in all, everything turned out lovely and it was delicious. we had way too much leftover though and unfortunately, this was the smallest amount we could order. now that i know what a success this was, i will have to invite a few more mouths next time.
  • i think that since there are blogger awards for beautiful blogs, versatile blogs, creative blogs, amazing blogs, etc…don’t you think there should be an award for deadbeat bloggers? i know, deadbeat and award don’t go together but you get the picture. i’d certainly be honored to receive that award or whatever you want to call it and perhaps it will spur me on to blog on a more regular basis. i love blogging, i certainly have the time, i just think my creativity is on vacation but i can feel it coming back, albeit slowly. dang-it, i have to be ready to celebrate this blogs 1 year anniversary soon (december 23rd!).
  • i got an early christmas present last week. actually, mandy got an early christmas present. first picture is mandy before and the second picture is mandy after. for those new to reading my blog, mandy (named after the character on cartoon network) is my tri bike.
100_0438
Mandy-after
yes, new wheels! who cares if they don’t make me faster, they look cool! afterall, it is better to look good than to feel good, right? just kidding.
  • i had a really nice 15 mile run with my favorite running buddy Amy on saturday. here is a picture of us after as we chug down our ice cold powerade zero’s. thanks Amy for remembering how much i love zero’s and for remembering my favorite flavor. you rock!bottoms up
  • lastly, i’m looking forward to some much needed time off from work these next 4 weeks. i feel like i haven’t been able to catch my breath with the high volume of work lately. it’s making me pissy!
my next post will be about next years goals and races. can you believe we will be in 2011 in 1 month?? thanks for reading.
much love and peace out!

19 comments:

  1. welcome back to reality !! Bike look awesome. Ilove my QR.
    And you scored on the dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do those slippers have cleats on the bottom? If they do, do they come in a size 14 wide?

    I might wear them to the victory party after IMFL.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those slippers look so comfy!! I'm glad you're feeling a little better! Post race blues are tough.
    Nice wheels! Mandy looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back KC!

    Very jealous of your new wheels - everyone is getting them dammit. I need some too ....agghghhh!!

    You need to do an early season 70.3 to keep you motivated over the winter, You should come do IM Galveston 70.3 in April with Jon and me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmmmmm yeah, Mandy is the flyest chick I have EVA SEEN!!!!! Damn girl, I am shocked at how awesome those upgrades look! :) I bet you are pumped haha.

    Glad you are popping in once in awhile (dead beat haha).

    Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me try this one again...dang blogger for eating my well thought out and witty comment!!

    First, I love seeing things in your comments like "Mandy is the flyest chick I have EVA SEEN!!!!!" cause I make believe Matty O is talking about me. Seriously, awesome wheels!!

    SECOND...what else did I say? Enjoy the time off, I am like you, I am not happy "relaxing" as other do, but try to enjoy it. I mean, with slippers like that, how can you not? :)

    I need to post about 2011 goals sometime soon toO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is crazy that the year is coming to a close so quickly! Great pics and glad to hear that you are recovering nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mandy looks hot and fast! Enjoy the quieter time here at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the wheels and I am seriously jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I get the slacker award? Sounds lie someone is going for kona!! Love the bike

    ReplyDelete
  11. That top photo [blog title] so freaking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my wife loooooooves looooooves Zero's ...I have re up her stash every so often and she HAS to have the big solo ones so I usually get a cart full at target and load them in the house
    lately she has been high on the apple flavor which I find odd Im a berry kinda sportdrink guy

    nice wheels!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mandy is looking hot.

    Still can't imagine doing an ironman. Perhaps after I finish my 100 mile ultra I will look at a tri and build to an ironman. Not really a fan of cycling or swimming. Running is easy...for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should be resting!! Let your legs heal, before you know it, it will be race season again

    I love the new stockings, I been eyeing those wheels for awhile, they are affordable, can you give a prduct review after you spent some time testing then out

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are back to your awesome self Kristine! Those IM blues suck and I thought it was just me cause I had such a crappy race...but you fasties get the blues too I guess. It's so hard too, when you are driven to keep going, but something just isn't right. I LOVE your bike!!! And...the picture at the top of your blog should be on triathlon magazine cover!!!
    Hugs from Oregon to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just got a little wheel envy. Mandy is looking good.

    Welcome back and don't go away for so long....we have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mandy and I thank you for the props on her new wheels. BDD, I will do a review on them once i have had a chance to really put them to the test. So far, they feel nice and look sweet. Velma, you are on to me...how'd you know what my plan was??

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mandy looks hot! And I second, Jeff... come do Galveston 70.3. I'll be there too! :) Flat, ocean-view bike course... your new wheels need a trip.

    ReplyDelete