- first, i really wish there was a better way to leave comments or reply back to individual comments on blogger but so far i have not figured that out. i know you can do it if your blog is on a word-press platform but i’m not quite ready to switch over just yet, so i wanted to send a big thanks to everyone who left such nice comments regarding my PR last week at the half marathon …much appreciated! i did end up paying for it the next couple of days but it was worth it.
- a couple of weeks ago, after swimming for over an hour, i changed into my running garb, threw on some asics cotton socks (big mistake) and proceeded to run 13.3 miles on the treadmill. guess what happened? i got blisters on the toe next to the baby toe on both feet. no other toes were affected. isn’t that weird? my theory was that my feet got all wrinkled and pruned up from being in the pool, which left them vulnerable to blistering. why just those toes? i have no idea but i can tell you it won’t happen again. funny thing is, i don’t usually run in cotton socks so why i grabbed those that morning is beyond my comprehension. for the most part, i only run in Wrightsock's. the wrightsocks that i currently run in are getting old (read: dingy white), so last week, i got on the internet and found a killer deal on http://www.trisports.com/. six pair later (3 white/3 black), more body-glide anti-chaffing stuff (can’t ever have too much of this), and some ibungie laces, and it was christmas all over again. 3 things to point out about wrightsocks. one, they don’t get holes in them like all of my other socks do after one run. two, they are double layered but aren’t thick and bulky at all. three, you should never pay full price for them. if you do an internet search you will see the price range go from as low as $5.95/pair to $15.00/pair for the exact same sock. you’ll also see what you think are deals from zappo’s or shoes.com where you get 6 pair for $61.00 …sorry, do the math and it isn’t a deal at all. i got these for $6.95/pair. the one’s that were $5.95/pair were XL’s.
- my feet are kinda small and can’t stand it when i buy a sock that is too big and the heel part sticks out of the back of the shoe…see picture above. that look does not fly with me. i do not roll like that.
- i won some Fitness Coffee recently by posting something about them on my facebook wall. it just arrived in the mail on friday and i made my first batch yesterday. it smelled very cinnamony (is that a word?), kind of like a pumpkin spice smell to it as it was brewing. i was a little skeptical about what it would taste like but it was very good. the J-man liked it a lot too and he is picky. if you go to their website, you will see that they claim you get a full days supply of antioxidants in just one cup. i had to laugh when i visited their website for the first time and saw that they not only sell fitness coffee but Sensual Coffee. here is what they say about it: SENSUALCOFFEE™, the first patented coffee for a more sensual lifestyle with your partner. It contains only roasted premium coffee, tonifying herbs and aphrodisiac spices. alrighty then …moving right along.
- this weekend was a picture perfect florida weekend in every way. sunny, warm, and lots of good riding with the J-man. ready to go kick some ass and we did. guy with a motor on his mountain bike, dude on the recumbent and old guy with tennis shoes riding a steel bike from the 80’s …yeah, they all choked on our dust! to borrow a word Madeleine Albright made a little more famous … i can’t believe the C.O. Jones these guys have out there sometimes. it’s like 2 Ferrari’s (that would be me and the J-man) going by and the Ford Pinto’s trying to challenge us. fuhgetabouitit!! keep dreaming …not even if you have a motor on your bike. pfft!
see? sleeveless from the get go. it was in the high 60’s when we started. couldn’t ask for better weather.
- to recap the training week. it was a good one. i can’t say enough about how well the swimming has come together now that i have a place to swim that i can count on. since i joined LA Fitness, i have had 3 solid swim sessions a week and i can already tell a difference. before, at the Y, i had a hard time getting the consistency in my schedule. i averaged 1-2 swims per week when i was going there …not so good. but that’s behind me now and moving right along, thank you.
- congrats to my buddies, LK and Sue!! they both did the half marathon in Miami today despite both fighting foot injuries. you 2 ladies are awesome for toughing it out.
much love and peace out!