Tuesday, March 2, 2010

my latest discovery

this is nothing new on the market, just new to me. i've had lots and lots of people telling me i must try greek style yogurt...thank you hali at the hali daily for suggesting i must try this. i happen to be one of the most boring eaters you will ever meet. just ask any of my close friends who have vacationed with me and they will confirm this for you. if my choice was dinner at a five star restaurant or whole wheat  turkey wrap or pita sandwich from 7-11, i'm going to 7-11 and i'm as happy as a clam. i pretty much eat the same thing day in and day out and have no issues with that. i live by the motto, eat to live not live to eat. period!

so as i was doing a little grocery shopping at sweetbay recently, i remembered to pick up some of this greek yogurt and ended up with the chobani brand. seems now that all of the companies that make yogurt are making their own line of greek style yogurt...they gotta go with the flow and this seems to be the new trend in yogurt now.

i really like the texture A LOT. the one i bought was non-fat and you couldn't tell as it was very creamy. i prefer a low fat version versus non-fat but this one was good and i like that it has a good amount of protein per serving.  i bet the low fat one is even better though. i did notice a difference in cost...the greek style yogurt is almost double of what regular type of yogurt costs. my goal is to pick up a few other brands and do a taste test with them. i will report back about which one is the best. (note: the label above is the low fat version that i found online, not the one i had).

 much love and peace out!

8 comments:

  1. I am a total boring eater as well. I get into habits and eat the same thing for months at a time. Drives my family crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning to become a "boring" eater. :-) I love the Chobani Greek yogurt. I made a Caper Tzatziki that is to die for! (Would be great in your Turkey wrap!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay boring eaters unit! It drives my girlfriend nuts, her dad is a professional chef so she loves to eat all this fancy dancy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to try that not so boring yogurt! have seen a couple of reviews, it must be good! Way to go out of your food comfort zone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am guilty of a boring diet, too. I will eat the same thing for months and not get sick of it but I don't think I could pass up a 5 star dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WISH I were a boring eater - I'd be about 25 pounds lighter I'm sure! I require so much variety that I rarely even eat leftovers, even if it's something I really love.

    They were sampling this yogurt at the Gasparilla expo - now I wish I'd tried it!! (I was too busy eating the collard greens, yum!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is new to me too... i've tried this kind as well and can't decide if i'm sold on the whole greek yogurt thing. maybe i need to try more flavors like you... let me know how it works out :)

    ReplyDelete