Monday, January 4, 2010

how kc got her groove back...in the pool that is - part one

wouldn’t you know it? the first week I plan on starting to swim again since summer of 05’ and it will be the coldest week in over 25 years for florida. nice timing, huh? as much as i would rather bike inside or run all bundled up, i will not. when I say I’m going to do something, i do it no matter what. plus, i got the nod from 2 triathletes i trust completely and hold in high regard to not steer me wrong and they said “go”! and so I will.

driving in on my way to work this morning, since it is a boring ride, i was having these funny visions of me showing up at the pool with a wetsuit. what a sight that would be. or what if I were the only swimmer to show up because i failed to realize IT REALLY IS TOO COLD to swim and i didn’t get that memo? whatever! i’m swimming today come hell or highwater. although, i think i would prefer hell today, as it is probably warmer. who knows, maybe the pool will feel like a sauna (I hope) compared to the outside air temp which should only reach 48 degrees today.

wish me luck that I live to tell about this and don’t end up in the ER with hypothermia. i’ll post a part deux tonight with all the crazy details of my experience.

until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Go get 'em, KC! I'll be following along. Swimming isn't that bad if the water is nice and warm. Can't wait to hear how it went.

    ReplyDelete